Wednesday, November 25, 2009

How are we fighting?

"In 2008 3,154,00 cases of child abuse were reported, while only 1 million were confirmed...and 1/2 of all Americans SAY child abuse is the most important public health issue." ~www.childabuse.com

It gives me some comfort to know that many Americans were seeing child abuse as the most important issue, but then why aren't all of us doing something about it? If everyone who thought of it being the worst public health issue(which i think it's close to, if not it the worst one) would stand in teh face of it and fihgt for children's innonce; it would happen much less. There are few advocates who would risk their lives for these children, but the ones that do are my heroes. i strive to be one of them, I strive to be one who lays my life on the line for those who fight for theirs.
I know what its like to wake up in the morning and not know what danger or what peace that day could hold...i know what it's like to cry for the wrongs being done to you and mourn for the love you never received. I know what it's like to feel liek you're all alone and misunderstood in this world when there's many people who walk past you every day. I know what the feeling is like and i can't bring myself to allow them to suffere in silence when we all know what's going on! If all I'm able to do is blog about the reality and heartbreak of abuse, so be it!! But i refuse to go another day without fighting for those who have been abused. I ask that you do the same, even if all you do is pray i beg, plead, and simply ask you to do something to fight for these helpless kids who are victims of evil everyday!
As i think of Thanksgiving being right aroudn the corner, I am most thankful for Christ's death on the cross and His love for me. Unlike most other victims of abuse I can say i am thankful to be brought out of the darkness and secrecy of abuse and brought into the love and light of truth: that I am more than a victim and I do have a purpose; which is not to be used for pleasure by men...please...help me make this prayer of gratitude happen for other abused children in Kalamazoo, MI, and all around the world!


~signed~
~a thankful heart

No comments:

Post a Comment